In this quick guide, we’ll show you how to connect your Spark Amp to your computer. The process is fairly simple and easy to do, so just follow the steps below…
Positive Grid’s Spark Amp is one of the most innovative and impressive practice amps on the market. Packed with myriad features and controlled by an app on your phone, the Spark Amp is one of the quickest ways to create EPIC-sounding guitar tones with its myriad guitar tones and effects.
The Spark Amp is a great platform for beginner guitarists and advanced players alike but connecting it to your computer will unlock a whole new world of possibilities – from recording to creating and crafting your own songs and albums.
Here’s everything you need to know…
What You Will Need
- Spark Amp
- A computer (PC/Mac)
- A USB cable (usually comes with your Spark Amp)
- Spark Amp App (which can be downloaded from the official Positive Grid website)
- An Internet connection
How to Connect Spark Amp to Computer
Step 1: Download the Spark Amp App
Before you can connect your Spark Amp to your computer, you need to have the Spark Amp App installed.
- Visit the official Positive Grid website at www.positivegrid.com.
- Navigate to the downloads section.
- Select the appropriate version for your computer (Windows or Mac) and download it.
- After the download is complete, install the app by following the instructions provided by the installer.
Step 2: Connect Spark Amp to Your Computer
- Ensure your Spark Amp is turned off.
- Using your USB cable, connect the Spark Amp to your computer. One end of the USB cable goes into the amp, and the other end goes into a USB port on your computer.
- Turn on your Spark Amp.
Step 3: Launch the Spark Amp App
- Once your Spark Amp is connected to your computer, open the Spark Amp App on your computer.
- The app should automatically recognize your Spark Amp. If it doesn’t, ensure that the USB cable is properly connected.
Step 4: Check Your Audio Settings
- In the Spark Amp App, navigate to the ‘Settings’ or ‘Preferences’ section (usually found in the menu).
- Under ‘Audio Settings’, select your Spark Amp as the default input and output device.
Step 5: Enjoy!
Now, your Spark Amp is successfully connected to your computer. You can now use the Spark Amp App to customize your amp settings, download different tones, or even record your guitar playing.
In the event that your computer is not recognizing your Spark Amp, there are a couple of troubleshooting steps you can take.
One possible solution is to try using a different USB cable. There could be an issue with the cable you’re currently using which is preventing the connection.
If changing the cable doesn’t help, then another potential solution is to try a different USB port on your computer. Occasionally, certain USB ports may have issues that could prevent them from recognizing connected devices.
On the other hand, if you’re encountering issues related to sound, it’s important to check your computer’s sound settings.
The problem might lie not with the Spark Amp or the cable, but with the settings on your computer. Specifically, you need to ensure that the Spark Amp is set as the default audio device.
This means that your computer will send audio output to the Spark Amp instead of its internal speakers or any other connected audio devices.
Lastly, if the Spark Amp App itself isn’t recognizing your Spark Amp, there are a couple of potential remedies to try.
One of the most common solutions is simply restarting both the amp and the app. Sometimes, temporary software glitches can prevent the app from recognizing the amp, and a quick restart can often resolve these issues.
Remember, technology can sometimes be unpredictable, and the simple act of turning something off and then back on again can solve a surprising number of problems.
RichardRichard has been playing guitar for over a decade and is a huge fan of metal, doom, sludge, and rock music in general – though mostly metal. Having played in bands and worked in studios since the early 2000s, Richard is a massive music production geek, a fan of minimalist recording techniques, and he really likes old-school guitars.
How Heavy is The Spark Amp? Let’s Find Out…
How much does Positive Grid’s Spark Amp weigh? Here’s everything you need to know…
How to Use Spark Amp as an Audio Interface: A Beginner’s Guide
In this simple guide we'll show you how to unlock the FULL potential of your Spark Amp by using it as an Audio Interface, so you can connect it to whatever DAW you're currently using...