- Introduction of New Models and Colors: PRS is launching its 2024 season with fresh models and colorways for its SE line-up, which has been highly popular for its affordability and quality.
- Elevated Line-Up: PRS labels the new SE line-up as “elevated”, building on the existing SE line and including the first-ever Custom 24 model in this series.
- Comments from PRS’ COO: Jack Higginbotham, the COO at PRS Guitars, emphasizes the SE Series’ role in catering to both beginners and professionals. He indicates that the new models are inspired by the company’s history, innovations, and the team’s experiences as players and builders.
PRS is kicking 2024 off with a bang, adding in new models and new colorways to its insanely popular SE line-up of affordable (and thoroughly excellent) guitars.
PRS describes the new line-up as “elevated”, building on the foundations set by its OG SE line and adding in its first Custom 24 model to the series.
Here’s the skinny from PRS’ COO, Jack Higginbotham:
“We have so much inspiration and energy behind product development for the SE Series because it is a range of instruments that we know is supporting everyone from beginning players to professional musicians,” says Jack Higginbotham, COO at PRS Guitars.
“We draw from our Maryland innovations, our history, and our own curiosities as players and builders. I think these new models will continue the SE Series promise to deliver quality tools for musicians.”
PRS SE CE 24
The SE CE 24 model is PRS’s attempt at blending traditional elements with modern design.
This model marks the CE model’s entry into the SE Series, combining the classic Custom 24 structure—a maple top, mahogany back, and rosewood fretboard—with a 25” scale length bolt-on maple neck.
It’s equipped with PRS 85/15 “S” humbuckers and a patented PRS tremolo bridge. A new ergonomic heel design aims to improve playability, especially in the higher frets.
Color options include Black Cherry, Blood Orange, Turquoise, and Vintage Sunburst.
PRS SE CE 24 Highlights:
- Blend of traditional and modern elements.
- Introduction of the CE model to the SE Series.
- Features include a maple top, mahogany back, rosewood fretboard, a 25” scale length bolt-on maple neck, PRS 85/15 “S” humbuckers, and a patented PRS tremolo bridge.
- New ergonomic heel design for enhanced playability.
- Available colors: Black Cherry, Blood Orange, Turquoise, and Vintage Sunburst.
PRS SE Swamp Ash Special
The SE Swamp Ash Special features a swamp ash body, a 22-fret maple neck and fretboard, neck and bridge 85/15 “S” humbuckers, and a PRS-designed AS-01 Single Coil “S” pickup in the middle.
Color choices are Charcoal, Iris Blue, and Vintage Sunburst.
PRS SE Swamp Ash Special Features:
- A swamp ash body with a 22-fret maple neck and fretboard.
- Equipped with neck and bridge 85/15 “S” humbuckers and a PRS-designed AS-01 Single Coil “S” pickup in the center.
- Color options: Charcoal, Iris Blue, and Vintage Sunburst.
SE Custom 24 Quilt
The SE Custom 24 Quilt boasts a quilted maple veneer and matching stained quilted maple headstock veneer, paired with an ebony fingerboard with abalone bird inlays.
Available colors are Black Gold Burst, Turquoise, and Violet.
SE Custom 24 Quilt Characteristics:
- Quilted maple veneer with matching stained quilted maple headstock veneer and an ebony fingerboard adorned with abalone bird inlays.
- Color variants: Black Gold Burst, Turquoise, and Violet.
Color Expansion for 2024
PRS has expanded the color palette across existing SE Series models, with Turquoise now available on models like SE Custom 24 and SE McCarty 594, among others. Blood Orange and Charcoal are new color options for select models.
Check out our review of the excellent PRS SE Silver Sky (the cheaper model of John Mayer’s signature PRS shown above) for more details on why PRS’ SE guitars are some of the best in the business right now.
RichardRichard has been playing guitar for over a decade and is a huge fan of metal, doom, sludge, and rock music in general – though mostly metal. Having played in bands and worked in studios since the early 2000s, Richard is a massive music production geek, a fan of minimalist recording techniques, and he really likes old-school guitars.
PRS SE Series Guitars: The Ultimate Noob’s Guide 
If you’re just getting au fait with guitar brands and you want to more about PRS SE series guitars, ELECTRIKJAM’s got your back. Here’s everything you need to know…
PRS SE Silver Sky Review: The Most Anticipated Release Of 2022!
The PRS SE Silver Sky is the most talked about guitar release right now. I got to play one this week at a local dealer. Is it worth the hype?